Guide to Stay Safe and Comfortable with a Sticky Holster
When it comes to concealed carry, having a reliable and comfortable holster is essential. One popular option among gun owners is a sticky holster, which uses a unique material to adhere to the body and keep the firearm securely in place. But with so many different sizes available, it can be difficult to know which one is right for you.
In this ultimate guide, we will cover everything you need to know about sticky holsters and sizes to help you make an informed decision.
What is a Sticky Holster?
A sticky holster is a type of holster that is designed to attach to the body without the need for belts or straps. It is a popular choice for concealed carry, as it provides enhanced safety, comfort, and convenience. The most common materials used in sticky holsters are silicone, foam, and neoprene. The material is designed to grip the body without slipping, allowing you to carry your firearm securely without the need for a traditional belt or waistband.
These materials are chosen because they are both non-slip and non-abrasive, making them comfortable to wear against the skin. These holsters are popular among concealed carry enthusiasts because they offer a convenient and comfortable way to carry a firearm without having to worry about straps or buckles.
Types of Sticky Holsters
- Neoprene Sticky Holster,
- Leather Sticky Holster, and
- Kydex Sticky Holster
The Ultimate Guide to Sticky Holsters and Sizes
Sticky holsters come in different sizes to fit a range of firearms, from compact pistols to larger handguns. It is important to choose the right size sticky holster to ensure that your firearm fits properly and can be easily drawn in an emergency. The sizes of sticky holsters vary depending on the manufacturer and model, but common sizes include:
- Pocket holster size
- Subcompact holster size
- Compact holster size
- Full-sized holster size
- J-Frame holster size
- Revolver holster size
- Sig P365 holster size
- Glock 43 holster size
- M&P Shield holster size
- XDS holster size
Importance of Choosing the Right Size
One of the most important factors in choosing a sticky holster is ensuring that you select the right size. This is because the right size will ensure that the holster fits your firearm snugly, preventing it from shifting or moving around while you’re carrying it.
Additionally, a holster that is too small or too large can be uncomfortable to wear, making it difficult to conceal your firearm effectively.
How to Choose the Right Size Sticky Holster
When choosing a sticky holster, there are a few key factors to consider, including:
- Size of your firearm: Make sure to choose a holster that is specifically designed to fit your make and model of firearm.
- Type of clothing: Consider the type of clothing you typically wear when carrying concealed and choose a holster that will provide a secure fit.
- Comfort: Make sure to choose a holster that is comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
Most common Sticky holsters sizes
Sticky Holsters are available in a variety of sizes to fit different gun models. Here are some of the most common sizes:
- Small: Designed for subcompact and compact handguns such as the Glock 42, Sig Sauer P365, and Ruger LCP.
- Medium: Designed for mid-sized handguns such as the Glock 19, Sig Sauer P229, and Smith & Wesson M&P Shield.
- Large: Designed for full-sized handguns such as the Glock 17, Sig Sauer P220, and Smith & Wesson M&P 9.
- Extra Large: Designed for larger handguns such as the Sig Sauer P226, and the Smith & Wesson Model 500.
The Advantages of Carrying a Firearm with a Sticky Holster
One of the biggest benefits of using a sticky holster is enhanced safety. The non-slip material used in sticky holsters helps to ensure that your firearm stays in place, even during physical activity. This eliminates the risk of accidental discharge and makes it easier to keep your firearm concealed.
In addition to safety, sticky holsters are also known for their comfort and convenience. They are easy to use and can be attached and removed in just a few seconds, making them a great choice for everyday carry.
How to Choose the Right Size Sticky Holster
Choosing the right size sticky holster is important to ensure that your firearm fits properly and can be easily drawn in an emergency. There are a few factors to consider when choosing a sticky holster, including the size of your firearm, the type of clothing you will be wearing, and your personal preference.
To measure your firearm, simply remove it from its current holster and measure the length and width. You can then compare your measurements to the sizes available for the sticky holster you are considering.
Steps to choose the right size sticky holster
Choosing the right size sticky holster can be a challenge, but by following these steps, you can ensure that you get a holster that fits your firearm properly and provides you with the best performance:
- Determine your firearm make and model: Before you begin your search for a sticky holster, you need to know the make and model of your firearm. This information is essential to ensure that you choose a holster that is specifically designed to fit your gun.
- Measure your firearm: Once you have determined your firearm make and model, you’ll need to measure the length, height, and width of your gun. This information will help you determine the minimum and maximum dimensions of the holster that you need.
- Check the manufacturer’s specifications: Once you have the measurements of your firearm, you can use them to check the manufacturer’s specifications for sticky holsters that fit your gun. This information will give you a good idea of the size range of holsters that will fit your firearm.
- Consider the intended use: Sticky holsters are available in a range of sizes and are designed for different types of use, such as concealed carry, open carry, or range use. Consider how you plan to use your holster and choose a size that will accommodate your intended use.
- Test the fit: If possible, try the holster on with your firearm to ensure that it fits properly. Pay attention to any areas that are too loose or too tight, as these can impact your ability to draw your firearm quickly and effectively.
A sticky holster is a great choice for anyone who wants to carry a firearm for personal safety. It provides enhanced safety, comfort, and convenience, making it a popular choice for concealed carry. When choosing a sticky holster, it is important to choose the right size to ensure that your firearm fits properly and can be easily drawn in an emergency.